Chef Mattia Galiano is our February Chef of the Month
270 Main street, Los Altos, CA, 94022
Phone: (650) 935-2197
1. When did you know you wanted to be a chef?
Since I was a Child.
2. What are your hobbies outside of the kitchen?
Outside of the kitchen I feel like a fish out water so the only hobby I have is fishing, I love fishing.
3. Everyone remembers their first encounter with burrata. What is yours?
I was born in Scalea, a small village in Calabria located in south Italy. Burrata was born in Puglia which is very close to where I am from. Since I was a kid I knew Burrata, and for me is one of the best things you can get from milk.I remember my grandma used to make One of the best homemade burrata I ever tried. She gave me the recipe so I can make it, but when she does, it is way different.
4. If you could make dinner for one person, who would it be?
5.What is your favorite dish to cook and why?
I do not have a favorite dish. For me everything that is edible opens up a world of fantasy of colors and flavors to play with.
6. What has been your greatest accomplishment as a chef?
After many years of hard work I finally just opened my own restaurant and is one of the most beautiful emotions I ever had. So now my goal is just (try to make people happy)
7. If you you could give a piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be?
I always say, just keep learning from these mistakes and keep on growing by cooking.